Getaria Lighthouse is located in the corner of Getaria Mouse (symbol of the town), on Mount San Antón. This building served to signal the sailors was built on the remains of the old chapel of St. Anthony, which were discovered during archaeological excavations conducted in 2008. Are observed at this point the remains of a watchtower, which was part of the former lookout system of San Anton Mount. The construction of the chapel and watchtower were used and in 1813 to establish a lamppost, but the lighthouse itself was not built until 1862. It has a 21-meter tower and the focal plane is 93 m. Attached to the tower is a pavilion that serves as home to the keeper. Access is forbidden to vehicles and Mount San Anton is now a recreational area for the inhabitants of Getaria.