Since the island of San Antón and the people joined in the sixteenth century, the port of Getaria has been one of the safe havens of the Cantabrian Sea, and important point of inshore fishing.
Today is one of the most important ports in coastal fisheries along the Basque coast. Species such as "Anchoa, Bonito and Verdel" each year are the main protagonists of their fishing campaigns.
The Basque Government has invested heavily, giving it one of the best coastal infrastructure, building a new road access, docks, loading and unloading areas and docks for pleasure boats. Getaria port today has the ideal infrastructure for port and recreational fishing.
- Situation: l= 43 -18,4 N L= 02 -12 W
- Tide Race: 4,5 m
- Inlet: Width: 50 m
- Calado en B.M.V.E: 9 m
- Orientation: SE
- Cars docks: 2 privados
- Cranes: 1, de 5 Tm
- Travelift, de 30 Tm
- Repair and carpentry (wood fiber)
- Water service
- Fuel service
- ELectricity service
- Naval Supplies
- Servicio Territorial de Puertos de Gipuzkoa
Muelle 23, 2. 20003 Donostia -San Sebastian
Tf.:+34 943 42 22 75
- Oficina del Puerto, Muelle Sur s/n.
Tf.:+34 943 14 02 78
GSM: +34 670 40 30 97
- Casa del Mar (ISM), Muelle s/n
Tf.:+34 943 14 06 53
- Capitanía Marítima, Kaia 2
Tf.:+34 943 14 02 00
- Cruz Roja. Base Salvamento Marítimo. Muelle Sur s/n
Tf.:+34 943 14 05 56