For the rich ornamentation of the palace we see that it is a baroque palace. We deduce also the economic power of their owners. That way, highlighting, the vegetal ornaments in the form of pairs of palms that crowns the doorway and arches carpaneles windows downstairs. The rest of the span are roomy and open on balconies with wrought iron railings. The upper floor is delimited by two platbands, you can see a Latin inscription and, at its center, shows a magnificent shield. The palace is named, probably, Don Cristobal de Basurto, owner of the land at the turn of the sixteenth century to the seventeenth century. He settled for a time in Mexico, where he earned a silver ranch in San Luis Potosi. This was one of the main suppliers of silver from the Spanish Crown. The “Indian” returned years later to Getaria. However, in the days when the palace acquires its current appearance belonged to the family Echave Asu. One of its members, Jose Fernando Echave Asu y Romero, was in 1794, during the War of the Convention, Deputy General of Gipuzkoa: proclaimed their adherence to the French Revolutionary Convention, within which aims to create the satellite republic of Gipuzkoa.